No positions vacant at this time
Newcastle Locksmiths & Security – Merewether NSW
Full time role for a new or established locksmith apprentice. Our company has been operating 30 plus years and we’re seeking a candidate to grow within our business, gain a qualification and learn from our experienced locksmiths.
The perfect candidate will need an aptitude for technical information and the ability to cope within a busy workshop environment. You’ll be based at our Head Office in Merewether.
- Current Driver’s licence or ability to obtain one
- Current Security Licence or ability to obtain one
- Computer literacy including demonstrated competence using Microsoft Word, email and Internet
- Sound communication skills
- Can do attitude and team player
- Good aptitude and hand skills
- The drive to complete your qualification
The role will initially be business hours working within our workshop, assisting customers over the phone and counter with orders and inquires. As you progress through your qualification you will be expected to:
- Install & repair locks and safes
- Cut keys
- Program vehicle transponder keys & remotes
- Change digital lock and safe combinations
- Attend lockouts
- Design master key systems
- Discuss and advise security needs with clients
Applicants will need to be willing to make the commitment to complete their trade within our company; in exchange you will receive a high level of training and experience in our workshop as well as commercial and residential installation works.
Please review all application instructions before applying to Newcastle Locksmiths & Security.